Spiced Quinoa Salad
This deliciously spicy quinoa salad can be eaten alone or makes a great side. This recipe is lunchbox friendly, gluten & dairy free as well as being vegan
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 12g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 19g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 tabs coconut oil
- 1 tabs chilli flakes
- 1/2 tab coriander seeds
- 1/2 tab cumin seeds
- Preheat air-fryer.
- Put quinoa in saucepan with two cups of water and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Coat sweet potato with coconut oil and place in air-fryer. Cook at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- One timer has sounded, add cashews to the sweet potato, shake the basket to combine and cook again at 180 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind down the chilli flakes, coriander & cumin seeds until the seeds begin to disintegrate.
- Once the timer on the air-fryer has again sounded, add the pepitas, and spice mix to the sweet potato and cashews. Shake to combine
- Cook again at 180 degrees for 5 mins.
- Drain the quinoa well.
- After the sweet potato mix has finished its cooking time, stir into quinoa to serve.
- If you don't have an air-fryer simple use a baking paper lined tray in the oven.
The Integrative Nurse http://www.theintegrativenurse.com/