Whilst I’m trying to break the habit of explaining myself to others, I thought you may like to know why I decided to become a health coach with IIN.
For those of you who have been following my blog for a while you may have noticed that a few years back I made a mid-life career change to become a registered nurse. There was a number of reasons for my decision to do this the main one being that I had a intrinsic desire to help others in need.
During my studies and time working within the health system, I met a lot of people and learned many things about the process of recovery. One thing that I found most intriguing was that a lot of people I came across were broken. And I don’t mean bones or bodies, but broken in some (or in many cases) aspect of their lives.
Meeting these people allowed me to start to see a link between the physical health of the person and other aspects of their life. Of course I already understood that poor diet and mental heath issues can play a pivotal role in the recovery process but over time I was intrigued to discover that ill health or the inability to recover after a health crisis can often be fundamentally linked to stressors such as toxic relationships, poor finances, lackluster careers and limited moments of joy.
Having made this connection I decided that whilst I loved and was committed to a career as a Registered Nurse, I wanted to do more, learn more and have the ability to positively impact lives at an even greater level. Having explored my career options, I decided to enroll with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
There were a number of aspects that drew me to the IIN course:
- Lectures are delivered from some of the worlds most inspiring leaders
- IIN promotes the concept of bio-individuality – meaning that there is no one right solution for every person – a concept I love and 100% agree with
- Throughout the course you learn about more than 100 dietary theories, which are many, many more than I knew existed!
- IIN wants to see their coaches be successful and contribute to the good health of the community, as such they provide unlimited support for their students and assist students to succeed with business and marketing tools
- The entire course is delivered online so I could fit it in with my other commitments
Apart from all of the above, by studying with IIN I have found my soul sistas (and brothers) which was the most unexpected yet best bonus of becoming an IIN student.
If you are interested in seeing if the IIN course is right for you, you can check out a sample class for a taste of what IIN is all about!
Studying with IIN has been one of the best decisions I have made for my career (and for my health) to date!
Ready to Get Started? IIN is more than just a school…they’re a movement on a mission to improve health and happiness around the world. I’m so proud to be part of this mission and community. I’ve covered the basics here, but there’s so much more to learn. Check out the Curriculum Guide for more details on the curriculum and opportunities you’ll have as a practicing Health Coach.